Pages

Monday, November 7, 2011

My Girls!!

I have some special ladies that I want to introduce to you.  First of all would be my wonderful sister, Jessica.  I have asked her to be my Matron of Honor and she has kindly accepted.

 I'm Jessica's older sister by two years but she has already paved the way in tying the knot two years ago.  We have had many adventures together and I'm sure this is just another one to be added to the list.  Clearly, we have known each other for her entire life!

My next bridesmaid is my future sister-in-law, Nina!  Nina graduated from the University of Virginia this past spring and has landed a job with Nielsen (you know, the TV rating guys) in New York City.  I am really looking forward to getting to know her better throughout the planning process.


Now, I shall list the rest of my 'maids in order of who I have known shortest to longest :)  Jessica is a friend that I met seven years ago through a mutual friend.  Jess is actually the reason that Alex and I met so of course, she has a special place in my heart!  She posted on facebook that she was going to be at a local restaurant and invited everyone to come by and hang out.  For some reason, I decided to meet her up there and lo and behold, Alex was there too.  Jess' husband Mike (Alex's bestman) is Alex's bestie so needless to say, all of us hang out quite a bit.


My good friend Christine and I met at GAP our junior year in high school.  When we went off to college, we began working at Banana Republic and we continued to work together on winter/summer breaks.  After we graduated from college, we no longer worked together and enjoyed fabulous discounts on clothes; instead we became great gym buddies and practiced some therapy on the elliptical ;)  She has always been a source of guidance and wisdom in good time and bad.


Last, but certainly not least, is Jenny.  Jenny and I have known each other for 13 years.  We met each other through marching band and symphonic band.  We were stand partners for much of that time (meaning we sat right next to each other) and played many duets together.  More recently, Jenny has become a certified personal trainer and we have enjoyed working out with each other.  We will be running the Hot Chocolate 15k together on December 3rd :)


So there you have it!  I'm very excited to share this special time in my life with these wonderful friends :)

No comments:

Post a Comment